Bojangles, one of the nation’s leading restaurant franchises, famous for its chicken and cookies, today announced plans to expand throughout Texas. In June 2021, Bojangles announced its launch in Houston and Dallas Fort-Worth (DFW) with six franchise stores and 15 branches. Less than seven months later, the brand has now signed a total of five multi-unit agreements and plans to build 30 company-owned stores, to bring approximately 50 new restaurants to major markets of Austin, DFW, Houston and San Antonio in the coming years.
The Bojangles franchise locations in Texas will be located in Austin, DFW, Houston and San Antonio, and company-owned restaurants will be built in DFW and Houston. In addition to the development agreements already signed, Bojangles sees the potential to open more than 100 units in Texas over the next seven to ten years.
“Here, we push back in Bojangles! We are excited to launch our brand in the Lone Star State and engage experienced operators in key growth markets in Texas. These strong operators have a deep understanding of their markets and share our commitment to bringing Bojangles to the great people of this state, ”said Jose Costa, Director of Growth at Bojangles. “We know Texas customers will love the southern flavor of Bojangles, and we look forward to working with our new franchisees to open these restaurants, as well as seeding the market with corporate stores to quickly expand our footprint. This is just the start for us.
To accelerate its development in Texas, Bojangles is partnering with the following franchisees:
- SAT Restaurant Group, LLC will bring three Bojangles restaurants to the large DFW Metroplex with construction plans in Mesquite, Irving and Arlington. SAT Restaurant Group, LLC has over 15 years of experience bringing fast, easy-going multi-unit, multi-brand, and brand QSRs to North Texas.
- Lash Foods, LLC will add three Bojangles sites to the North Houston area. Lash Foods, LLC has been a successful franchisee for Yum! Brands and Dairy Queen Texas.
- Zenith USA Investments, LLC signed a development agreement to open three Bojangles restaurants in the greater DFW Metroplex with plans to build in Duncanville, DeSoto and Cedar Hill. Zenith USA Investments, LLC is made up of successful retail and restaurant franchisees who bring nearly 20 years of QSR franchise experience and a wealth of IT industry knowledge to Bojangles.
- TXBO Group Inc will develop five Bojangles restaurants in Collin County, Texas, including the communities of Plano, Allen and McKinney. With over 25 years of restaurant ownership and operation experience, TXBO Group Inc has owned and operated branded and franchise restaurants across the country, including the large DFW Metroplex.
- Copacetic Group, LLC will launch their franchising careers by opening three Bojangles branches in northeast San Antonio. With over 15 years of experience in the restaurant and service industry, Copacetic Group, LLC owns and operates its own exclusive Southern-style restaurants in the Great San Antonio Market.
To support its new franchisees in Texas, Bojangles will hire local leaders to help them with operations, training, marketing and development. Part of Bojangles’ franchise success in Texas and other states can be attributed to its sales growth. Maintaining a good portion of the morning day with around 40 percent of its sales before many competitors open their doors, Bojangles occupies a unique position in the fast growing QSR chicken industry. The chain also offers a variety of prototypes for franchisees to consider when building their portfolio, including a prototype featuring the “Biscuit Theater,” which allows guests to witness the build from scratch. the brand’s beloved buttermilk cookies. These key differentiators, along with an industry-leading $ 1.9 million AUV, have been a key part of Bojangles’ expansion. In 2021, Bojangles signed development agreements to open more than 100 stores in key markets.
Franchise opportunities with Bojangles remain in parts of the United States, including the Southwest, Northeast, Midwest, Mid-Atlantic, and parts of the Southeast. Applicants should have restaurant and business experience, as well as a minimum net worth of $ 1.0 million and liquid capital of $ 500,000. Operators who meet the preliminary qualifications can expect an investment ranging from $ 1,913,600 to $ 2,828,500.
The news and information presented in this press release have not been corroborated by QSR, Food News Media or Journalistic, Inc.